Wet n Wild's Perfect Pout Gel Lip Balm

Wet n Wild
Perfect Pout Gel Lip Balm in 955B Love
Retails for $2.99 at drugstores

Wet n Wild has been hitting it out of the park for me recently. I've been happy with the last dozen or so products I've purchased from them and this tinted lip balm is no exception. This balm comes in 7 shades but I have only purchased the shade Love. It has a slight coconut smell (maybe cocoa butter?) but it is not an overpowering smell. This color looks similar to Fresh's Sugar Lip Treatment in the color Tulip but is not an perfect dupe (on my lips it looks identical).

Wet n Wild Perfect Pout in Love on the left, Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment in Tulip on the right 

The formula has a slicker, almost greasier feel than the Sugar Lip Treatment. But it's not a bad feeling and I enjoy wearing it. The Sugar Lip Treatment has SPF 15 where the Wet n Wild has no SPF. The Full size of Fresh's Sugar Lip Treatment is 0.15 oz, is $24 and is not vegan. Wet n Wild's Perfect Pout balm is 0.17 oz, costs $3 and is vegan.

The biggest negative this Wet n Wild lip balm has is its packaging. When you first buy the balm the bullet sticks out beyond the case; putting the lid on can be challenge to try not to gauge the bullet or make a mess. Once you use up a third of the product, this should no longer be an issue.

I like this product. It is inexpensive, comfortable and a good dupe for my favorite all-time lip balm, Fresh's Sugar Lip Treatment. I would buy this again and I may venture into buying more colors after I use up some of my hoard of lip balms.

 


Comments

Popular Posts