Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick: Cherries In The Snow

Revlon
Super Lustrous Lipstick in Cherries In The Snow
Retails for $8.49 on Ulta

Revlon has a long history. It was started in 1932 and only sold nail polish. By 1940, Revlon added lipsticks. This color Cherries In The Snow is one of Revlon's iconic colors; the most iconic is Fire And Ice which I will discuss in a future post.


Original advertising from Revlon's Cherries In The Snow

Many bloggers have done an excellent job explaining the history of Revlon and this color, Cherries In The Snow. I also noticed when I do a google search of "Cherries In The Snow" dessert recipes pop up. I was unaware of any dessert by this name. I'm not here to talk about history or desserts so I'm going to concentrate on my thoughts about the actual product.

Overall, Revlon Super Lustrous Lipsticks are my favorite drug store lipstick. When I think of traditional lipstick in a bullet this is the formula I think of. I do a lot of comparisons using this formula as my base comparison. This formula is comfortable on the lips and my lips never feel dry when wearing it. This formula can also transfer to my teeth and chin if I am not careful. The pigmentation varies with the particular color. The packaging is basic but good. Revlon uses a colored name sticker on the end of the bullet tube and the top of the cap has a clear window so you can see the lipstick. This is genius considering this line of lipsticks is currently at 82 different shades. Other lipstick retailers need to do this: I'M LOOKING AT YOU MAC. Revlon often has coupons, discounts or special sales and I have picked up colors for as low as $2.99. 

Specifically, Cherries In The Snow has a good pigmentation and if fully opaque on my lips in two swipes or less. The color is an intense pinky-red, so I often sheer it out on my lips as this color at its full potential tends to swallow my face. I own hundreds of lipsticks and this color is unique in my personal collection. (Honestly, that could be due to the fact that this isn't the best color for my face and I avoid buying similar shades.) I bought this color at Kroger Store. I wanted this because I had read that this color was one of Revlon's vintage shades that was still in production and that appealed to me. I am happy to own this, but this color is not one I reach for often. 

Beautiful color, but it can overwhelm my face.

Comments

Popular Posts