Nars Orgasm: Now a Lipstick


Nars
Lipstick in Orgasm, retails for $28 at Sephora or Ulta
Blush in Orgasm, retails for $30 at Sephora or Ulta

I love Nars lipsticks. Their Audacious formula is one of my top 10 lipstick formulas. In their regular lipstick formula, their color Banned Red is one of my top 10 all-time favorite lipstick colors. However, I honestly do not see the point of Orgasm as a lipstick. The pigmentation is nonexistent. It is a peachy sheer with faint golden sparkles. After less than an hour wearing this, the sparkles vanished and left my lips looking bare. 

Nars Orgasm Blush on the top, Orgasm lipstick on the bottom

This is a Nars formula lipstick, so the comfort on my lips is top notch, I just don't see the payoff. I can get the same level of comfort from a drugstore lip balm that doesn't cost 28 bucks and probably has more color payout. If you intend on buying this as a lip topper don't buy the lipstick. You will get very little bang for your buck in adding a sparkly sheen to your center lip. If you want an excellent lip topper in an Orgasm-ish color, I recommend e.l.f.'s Pout Perfecter in Glow. It costs $3. (I do not own the Orgasm lip gloss so I cannot attest that it would or would not make a good topper.) I have to be honest, I'm not a fan of the Orgasm blush either. I do enjoy Nars blushes in other colors (Goulue). I know Orgasm has a cult following and is iconic for Nars. Nars has an entire page on their website dedicated to this color. They sell lip gloss, a multi-purpose stick (called The Multiple), Illuminator (liquid highlighter/all over primer), liquid blush, limited-edition powder Orgasm blush and their extra-sparkly spin-off Super Orgasm in any of the aforementioned formulas. Nars knows that this color has a cult following. They know what-ever formula they make, it will sell if it comes in Orgasm. 

I would not repurchase this lipstick (or blush) in Orgasm. I will buy more Nars, just in other colors because their formulas are fantastic.


Comments

Popular Posts