Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin Lipair

Dr. Jart+
Ceramidin Lipair in Pure (also available in mint)
Retails for $15.00, currently available at Sephora, Birchbox

My skin REALLY likes ceramide. I always have great results from ceramide face masks, lotions and moisturizers. Ceramide has never irritated my sensitive skin or caused me breakouts. Ceramide is a waxy lipid that is found naturally in skin. Ceramide aids with moisture retention and repair of the top layers of cells in skin. (For more in-depth ceramide article read this source: http://thebeautybrains.com/2015/04/are-ceramides-good-anti-aging-ingredients-episode-77/ )
I was extremely excited to order this when Birchbox offered me a discount. I have been using this for over a month now and I like it very much. I often get chapped lips caused by a retainer I wear at night. Since I have been using this product the usual state of my chapped lips has improved. However, I have noticed that when I obsessively reapply this product (for example, reapplying it hourly) my lips get wrinkles- sort of like when one's fingertips get wrinkled when one's hands are submerged in water for a prolonged amount of time. If you are an obsessive lip-balm user you may need to limit yourself to using this only in the morning and before bed to avoid wrinkled lips. This balm is best when used with another less powerful balm. I'm a lip balm abuser so I use this with Almay's Age Essentials Lip Treatment and/or with Fresh's Sugar Advanced Therapy balm.

I would repurchase this product.

Comments

Popular Posts